Today, we talk about the business of fruit wine and how to develop a wine that tastes like home.
In this episode, I am joined by guest host Alicia Cooper – my colleague at Aspire Fund Management Company Limited, and our featured guest – Laura Superville, Owner and Founder of 11 Degrees North Boutique Wines. 11 Degrees North is a boutique winery which produces tropical fruit wines. As a boutique winery the focus is on quality; therefore, only a small number of bottles are produced annually. It is estate bottled, the fruits are hand-picked and carefully selected, as only the best fruit are used to produce these sophisticated fruit wines. Available flavours include sorrel, pommerac, starfruit (five finger), cashew and jamun.
- What inspired Laura to want to turn fruits into wine.
- Gaining knowledge in the field – wine making for beginners.
- Logistics behind scaling production and bottling capabilities, transportation and storage.
- The story behind the name 11 Degrees North.
- Kevin attempts to recite the fruit wine making process.
- The importance of help and support in Business.
- The roller coaster ride of entrepreneurship and being a niche player in a relatively small local industry.
- How to get started in producing and selling your own wines.
- How to get started in other capital-intensive businesses.
- 11 Degrees North on Facebook
- WineBusiness.com – Home Page For The Wine Industry.
- Wine Industry Network – THE Business Resource For The Wine Industry
- Great Wine Capitals – Industry Resources
- Wine Institute – Wine Associations and Related Organizations
- Listen to Episode 005: Kathryn Nurse – Building a Luxury Brand: Cosmetics
Subscribe to this Podcast: